City University also offers an MA degree in legal translation (see this post).
Dates for 2012 and 2013
- Principles and practice of legal translation: Wednesday 19 September – Saturday 22 September 2012
- Translation for litigation: Wednesday 24 October – Saturday 27 October 2012
- Terminology and translation of contracts: Wednesday 28 November – Saturday 1 December 2012
- Company/commercial – key legal principles and translation: Wednesday 23 January – Saturday 26 January 2013
- Terminology and translation of property documents: Wednesday 20 February – Saturday 23rd February 2013
- The EU: Legal principles and translation: Wednesday 20 March -Saturday 23 March 2013
- The translation professional: Wednesday 24 April – Saturday 27 April 2013
- Financial legal translation: Wednesday 22 May – Saturday 25 May 2013
Applications are considered for the following language combinations:
- English into one of French, German, Italian, Polish, or Spanish
- French, German or Spanish into English
You can only take one language combination at a time and must translate into your mother tongue. All language combinations are offered subject to demand.
The 4-day courses generally include 2 days looking at English law and translation theory, one day studying the foreign law and one day of workshops.
To find out more about the courses, contact email@example.com