Next year’s CIUTI forum (the International Standing Conference of University Institutes of Translating and Interpreting) will be held from Thursday 16 January 2014 to Friday 17 January 2014, at the United Nations, Palais des Nations, in Geneva, Switzerland.
Within the setting of an annual conference, usually in Geneva, stakeholders in translator and interpreter (T&I) training, research, and practice are invited to discuss T&I-related problems and solutions, current trends, and anticipated developments.
Tentative Title: Pooling Academic Excellence with Entrepreneurship for New Partnerships.
- Session 1 : New Approaches to demanding Issues
- Session 2: Responsibilities of International Bodies and Institutions: Do Incentives really lead to Innovations?
- Session 3: New sustainable Strategies in University – Industry-Government Relationships: Less State, more Entrepreneurship?
- Session 4: Geopolitical Changes make Adaptations Necessary
- Session 5: Specific Needs for Global Responses in Translational Partnerships
- Session 6: Research and Innovation need Courageous Drivers
To find out more and to register, visit the forum website here.
You might also be interested in this post: Reporting from Geneva.