Monday smile – Flubs and fluffs

I’ve just discovered a new American word – “flub” – which according to my dictionary means “botch or bungle”. So I’m guessing we would use “fluff” for that in the UK.

redtapeAnyway, I wanted to tell you about an out-of-print publication (but still available on second-hand book websites) with some wonderful linguistic flubs (or fluffs)… you’ll get the idea from the title: Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge.

squadbiteThere was also a companion volume Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim.

It includes gems such as “Milk Drinkers Turn to Powder”.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.