The heatwave in the UK is causing quite a bit of unexpected havoc…
A round-up of press and social media
- More people have been dining al fresco, with demand for quiche up 11% and worries about a lettuce shortage.
- The high pressure in the UK could mean rain in Spain.
- Passengers on the London Underground have been enduring temperatures as high as 35.4C, which is five degrees hotter than the legal maximum for transporting cattle.
- Gritters are out in parts of the country as roads melt in the heat.
- Train tracks are buckling.
- “Shouldn’t complain, should we.”
- The UK does not have air con. No. Air. Con.
- Are you even British if you don’t say ‘it’s too hot’ about 20x a day when it’s sunny?
- The heat abroad is so much better than the heat in England.
- Too hot to drink tea.