A last-minute stop-press announcement…
Tomorrow, 25 March 2015, from 2.30 to 5.30 pm, the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in London, England, is holding a seminar entitled Clarification and Easification of Legislative Drafting.
Chair: Daphne Perry, Clarity; the International Association for Plain Legal Language
- Jenny Gracie, Lawyer, Linguist and French Court-Approved Translator and Interpreter, on “Clear legal writing in France”
- Daniel Greenberg, Parliamentary Counsel, UK, on “Plain language drafting: limited solution or complete red herring”
- Dr Giulia Adriana Pennisi, University of Palermo, on “Easification of legislative drafting: a linguistic approach”
- William Robinson, Associate Research Fellow, IALS, on “Could the EU do more to make its legislation clearer?”
- Professor Helen Xanthaki, Sir William Dale Centre, IALS, on “A layered approach as a means of legislative easification”.
For more information, see the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies webpage here.
Organised in association with the University of Palermo and Clarity.