The 2021 conference of CIUTI (Conférence internationale permanente d’instituts universitaires de traducteurs et d’interprètes) is being organised at the University of Granada, in Spain. The subject is “Ethics and professional codes of practice for translators and interpreters: new contexts in the profession and training“.
The conference will be held from 16 to 17 September 2021, and will be a blended conference (online and in-person attendance).
Call for proposals
Conference topics should be approached in the light of the lessons learned from the pandemic as well as the reflections generated by its economic and social consequences. Topics of interest are grouped into three blocks as detailed below. The organisers also consider a fourth block for more general papers on any aspect of Translation and Interpreting Studies.
First block: The profession
– New professional contexts in Translation Studies.
– New professional contexts in Interpreting Studies.
– Impact of new technologies and new forms of translation on the quality of translation.
– Impact of new technologies and new forms of interpreting on the quality of interpreting.
– Revision of professional codes of practice: How ethical issues are dealt with in professional associations.
– Translators and interpreters in voluntary work and activism.
– Translators and interpreters in conflict zones.
Second block: Education and training
– How ethics training is addressed in the curriculum for translators and interpreters. Interdisciplinarity and other issues.
– Changes in teaching methodologies facing globalisation and employability.
– New roles of trainers in translation.
– New roles of trainers in interpreting.
Third block: Research
– Translation theory and ethical reflection. Implications for training and the profession.
– Interpreting theory and ethical reflection. Implications for training and the profession.
– Update and critical review of translation theorists.
– Update and critical review of interpreting theorists.
Fourth block: Open contributions to any aspect of Translation and Interpreting Studies.
Advance: 14 March 2021
Early: 14 May 2021
Regular: 14 June 2021
Late: 14 July 2021
Advance registration deadline: 31 May 2021
Advance registration rate: 150 euros
CIUTI members: 120 euros
Virtual advance registration rate: 100 euros
CIUTI members: 80 euros
Regular registration deadline: 31 July 2021
Regular registration rate: 170 euros
CIUTI members: 140 euros
Virtual regular registration rate: 120 euros
CIUTI members: 100 euros
For all information please refer to the conference website (in English, French and Spanish).