For those of you who actually worked in an office (!!), many firms are now asking their staff to go back to being on their premises during working hours. I really enjoyed this guide to returning to the workplace – hope you will too. 😊
- Attire. Dress your entire body, not just the top half. Turning up to work in PJs or pants is, apparently, still largely frowned upon.
- Children. Suffering home-schooling withdrawal? Ask a colleague to hassle you for biscuits every five minutes.
- Commuting. No more rolling out of bed at 8.57. Start downloading all the podcasts you’ve missed and practice shaking your head and mumbling about traffic.
- Hot drinks. You won’t be able to blow on a cup of Pinot Grigio and pretend it’s tea or coffee in the office. Not a bad habit to break, anyway.
- Family Suppers. Unless you’re happy to eat at midnight, you may struggle to cook from scratch every night.
Hat tip to the British company ‘Cook’ for this guide.