- Legal translation: translate complex, legal texts (academic articles) from French to English and English to French under intense deadline pressure;
- Assistance with the publication of legal research results in international leading legal journals, follow-up activities, networking, organisation of international events sharing knowledge;
- Publication, updating and dissemination of electronic academic journals;
- Capacity building programme: advanced developmental language training for academic purposes for Professors;
- Project design, management and implementation under contracts awarded in response to competitive tenders from national governments or international procurement bodies (EU, World Bank, UN…).
Desired Skills & Experience
English-language lawyer linguists therefore need to satisfy the following conditions:
- Have a perfect command of English and French (mother-tongue level)
- Have a thorough knowledge of a third official language of the European Union
- Have successfully completed a suitable course in law; i.e. hold a degree in law, or its equivalent, awarded in the UK or Ireland or have qualified as a barrister, advocate or solicitor in the UK or Ireland
- Have an adequate knowledge of Community/EU law
- Have the ability, though not necessarily from experience, to translate complex, legal texts
- Have the ability to use standard office technology
- Have the ability to fit into a multilingual, multicultural environment.
For further information and/or to apply, see the LinkedIn post here.