The Institute of European and Comparative Law at the University of Oxford, and the ESRC Centre for Competition Policy at the University of East Anglia, present a conference entitled Perspectives on the Unitary (EU) Patent System, to be held on 4 & 5 October 2013, at the Ship Street conference centre, Jesus College, Oxford, UK.
The conference is CPD accredited by the Bar Standards Board and the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Day 1 – Friday 4 October
- Opening Remarks Sir David Kitchin (EWCA)
- Historical Perspectives Dr Justine Pila (Oxford), Prof. Christopher Wadlow (UEA)
- Competition Perspectives Prof. Stefan Enchelmaier (Oxford), Marleen Van Kerchkhove (Arnold & Porter LLP)
- International Perspectives Prof. Rochelle Dreyfuss (NYU), Prof. Paul Torremans (Nottingham)
- Economic Perspectives Dr Georg Von Graevenitz (UEA), Prof. Bruno Van Pottelsberghe (SBS-EM)
- Constitutional Perspectives Prof. Tuomas Mylly (Turku), Prof. Steve Peers (Essex)
Day 2 – Saturday 5 October
- Institutional Perspectives Dr Angelos Dimopoulos (QMUL), Dr Stefan Luginbühl (EPO)
- Forward-Looking Perspectives Prof. Willem Hoyng (Hoyng Monegier LLP/Tilburg), Alan Johnson (Bristows LLP)
- Closing Remarks Alison Brimelow CBE (former President of the EPO)
For further information and to register, see the Oxford website. Last booking date for the event is 27 September 2013.