The University of Alicante in Spain has issued a call for proposals for an International Conference of Economic, Business, Financial and Institutional Translation to be held from 29 to 31 May 2014. The deadline for submissions has been extended to October 27 (so hurry up!).
The Department of Translation and Interpretation of the University of Alicante seeks to bring together translation practitioners, researchers, teachers and other people interested in economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation in order to:
- Discuss new research trends in the field of economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation
- Discuss the study of translation assignments, resources, textual genres, IT and their relationship to economics and business
- Gain first-hand knowledge about business translation from professionals
- Discuss the evolution of business languages and its impact on translation
- Reflect on the gap between the professional and academic worlds
The organizing committee announces the following plenary speakers: Jeanne Dancette, Université de Montréal (Canada), Rebecca Piekkari (Aalto University, Finland), Agustín Jiménez (Directorate-General for Translation – European Commission), and Arnold Vredenbregth (Deloitte, Holland).
The areas for which proposals are requested are:
- Terminology problems and translation practice
- International Business and Multilingual Communication
- Creation of terminology resources
- Genres, text taxonomies and contrastive analysis
- Professional experiences
- IT and the use of translation resources
- Translation training
You can find further details on the conference website.