The Fourth International Conference on Law, Language and Discourse is to be held together with the Eighth Conference of China Association of Forensic Linguistics from October 18th-21st, 2014 at Northwest University of Political Science & Law in Xi’an, China. The theme is “Diversity & Integrity”.
There is currently a call for papers, with abstracts to be submitted by January 31st 2014.
The conference invites theoretical studies, case analysis, and relevant work-in-progress papers on the key issues in legal language and legal discourse, promotes research of, and welcomes participation from, researchers of different cultural and language backgrounds from different disciplines and across jurisdictions.
All topics of forensic linguistics/language and law include but not limited to the following 10 strands:
- Legal Culture, Law and Philosophy, Logic
- Language Planning, Legislative Language, Judicial Language
- Theoretical Study on Forensic Linguistics & Application
- Legal Languages, Legal English, Legal Chinese
- Legal Discourse, Legal Semiotics, and Corpus Linguistics
- Courtroom Interpreting and Translating
- Expert Witness and Linguistic Evidence
- Interpretation and Analysis of Legal Documents
- Authorship/Speaker Identification
- Teaching of Language and Law, Legal Exchange and Cooperation
For further information see the conference website here.