The annual CIUTI forum (the International Standing Conference of University Institutes of Translating and Interpreting) will be held from 15-16 January 2015, at the United Nations, Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
Next year’s event is entitled “Pillars of communication in times of uncertainty“.
Thursday, 15th January 2015
- Opening Ceremony
- Breakthrough to be made in Interdisciplinary Research in interface with Translating & Interpreting
- Top level planning, identification and goals in Translating & Interpreting
- The Role of Supranational Bodies and Institutions
- King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Award for Translation
Friday, 16th January 2015
- Openness and Inclusiveness – Core Issues of Collaboration
- EURASIA and the Silk Road Belt
- Transnational Private-Public Partnership
- Degrees of institutionalization and their Influence on Effectiveness and Efficiency
- On Deterritorialization of Translation Services
- Preserving Confidentiality and Credibility – a Problem for Translation in the Cloud
- Closing ceremony
To download the programme and register, see the forum website here.
If you’re curious, the picture above of Geneva pillars, by John & Met Kots, shows the International Labour Organization building.