The Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC) is hosting the CIUTI International Conference for the first time in Lima and Latin America in 2022. The conference will run from Friday 16 September 2022 to Saturday 17 September 2022.
CIUTI gathers a group of universities distinguished for their outstanding quality in research and translation and interpreting training. Continue reading
The annual CIUTI forum (the International Standing Conference of University Institutes of Translating and Interpreting) will be held from 15-16 January 2015, at the United Nations, Palais des Nations,
Next year’s event is entitled “Pillars of communication in times of uncertainty“.
Thursday, 15th January 2015
- Opening Ceremony
- Breakthrough to be made in Interdisciplinary Research in interface with Translating & Interpreting
- Top level planning, identification and goals in Translating & Interpreting
- The Role of Supranational Bodies and Institutions
- King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Award for Translation
Friday, 16th January 2015
- Openness and Inclusiveness – Core Issues of Collaboration
- EURASIA and the Silk Road Belt
- Transnational Private-Public Partnership
- Degrees of institutionalization and their Influence on Effectiveness and Efficiency
- On Deterritorialization of Translation Services
- Preserving Confidentiality and Credibility – a Problem for Translation in the Cloud
- Closing ceremony
To download the programme and register, see the forum website here.
If you’re curious, the picture above of Geneva pillars, by John & Met Kots, shows the International Labour Organization building.
Next year’s CIUTI forum (the International Standing Conference of University Institutes of Translating and Interpreting) will be held from Thursday 16 January 2014 to Friday 17 January 2014, at the United Nations, Palais des Nations,
in Geneva, Switzerland.
Within the setting of an annual conference, usually in Geneva, stakeholders in translator and interpreter (T&I) training, research, and practice are invited to discuss T&I-related problems and solutions, current trends, and anticipated developments.
Early registration might be a good idea for next year’s CIUTI forum (the International Standing Conference of University Institutes of Translating and Interpreting). The 2013 event, taking place from 17-18 January, will be the 10th anniversary, so the organizers are expecting filled ranks.
If you’d like to get an idea of the content, I posted about last year’s conference here.
To find out more, visit the forum website at: http://www.ciuti.org/events/detail/ciuti-forum-2013
Today, dear readers, I am reporting back from the United Nations Office at Geneva, Switzerland, where I attended the CIUTI International Standing Conference of University Institutes of Translating and Interpreting.
First of all, I have to say that I was delighted to see that several presentations specifically talked about “building bridges”. So it seems that this blog is up with the trends!!! Continue reading