The Universidad Pablo de Olavide in Seville, Spain is organizing a symposium entitled “From Legal Translation to Jurilinguistics: Interdisciplinary Approaches to the Study of Language and Law“, to be held at on 27-28 October 2016.
Keynote speakers will be Łucja Biel (University of Warsaw, Poland), Yaëll Emerich (McGill University, Canada), María Font i Mas (Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain) and Juan Miguel Ortega Herráez (Universitat d’Alacant, Spain).
- Legal Translation
- Court Translation and Interpreting and international asylum seeking
- Translation and Interpreting at international and European institutions
- Legal language: research, teaching and learning
- Legal training for translators and interpreters: regulation, professional and ethical issues of Legal, Sworn and Court Translation
- Bilingual teaching and/or learning in Law
- Linguistic research methods applied to Law
- Terminological research in Law
- Legal corpus analysis
- Accessibility in Courts: sign language and other means of accessibility in legal settings
- Processing and drafting of multilingual documents in international organisations
- Law and multilingualism: bilingual and multilingual legislation
- Translation and Interpreting in court settings and international police cooperation
- Human rights and language: the right to interpreting
- Transsystemic approaches to the study of Comparative Law and language
- Linguistic and intercultural mediation in legal settings.
The organizers would be delighted to receive proposals from both professionals and researchers in the above fields. Abstracts should include a title, a 300-word summary (in English and/or Spanish) of the presentation and a brief biography of the author/s. These details should be sent to the official address of the event (jurilinguistica(at)upo.es) no later than 29 February 2016.
You can download the call for papers in English here, and in Spanish here.
UPDATE from the organisers on 24 August 2016:
- Website: www.upo.es/ocs/index.php/jurilinguistica/TJJ
- Link to programme from the University website: https://www.upo.es/ocs/public/conferences/17/schedConfs/22/program-es_ES.pdf
- Shortened link (Google drive): http://www.tinyurl.com/jurilingprog
- Twitter hashtag: JURILING16
4 thoughts on “Conference – From Legal Translation to Jurilinguistics, Seville, October 2016”
Pingback: Conference – From Legal Translation to Jurilinguistics, Seville, October 2016 – Veille juridique
My partner and I saw Łucja Biel speak at the University of Geneva last year, her work in legal translation is very impressive, would love to make it out to Seville in October to see her again.
Pingback: Reporting from Freiburg – Language and Law in a World of Media, Globalisation and Social Conflicts | From Words to Deeds: translation & the law
Pingback: Call for Papers – Jurilinguistics II, Seville, Spain | From Words to Deeds: translation & the law