The Universidad Pablo de Olavide in Seville, Spain is organizing a symposium entitled “From Legal Translation to Jurilinguistics: Interdisciplinary Approaches to the Study of Language and Law“, to be held at on 27-28 October 2016.
Keynote speakers will be Łucja Biel (University of Warsaw, Poland), Yaëll Emerich (McGill University, Canada), María Font i Mas (Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain) and Juan Miguel Ortega Herráez (Universitat d’Alacant, Spain).
- Legal Translation
- Court Translation and Interpreting and international asylum seeking
- Translation and Interpreting at international and European institutions
- Legal language: research, teaching and learning
- Legal training for translators and interpreters: regulation, professional and ethical issues of Legal, Sworn and Court Translation
- Bilingual teaching and/or learning in Law
- Linguistic research methods applied to Law
- Terminological research in Law
- Legal corpus analysis
- Accessibility in Courts: sign language and other means of accessibility in legal settings
- Processing and drafting of multilingual documents in international organisations
- Law and multilingualism: bilingual and multilingual legislation
- Translation and Interpreting in court settings and international police cooperation
- Human rights and language: the right to interpreting
- Transsystemic approaches to the study of Comparative Law and language
- Linguistic and intercultural mediation in legal settings.
The organizers would be delighted to receive proposals from both professionals and researchers in the above fields. Abstracts should include a title, a 300-word summary (in English and/or Spanish) of the presentation and a brief biography of the author/s. These details should be sent to the official address of the event (jurilinguistica(at)upo.es) no later than 29 February 2016.
UPDATE from the organisers on 24 August 2016:
- Website: www.upo.es/ocs/index.php/jurilinguistica/TJJ
- Link to programme from the University website: https://www.upo.es/ocs/public/conferences/17/schedConfs/22/program-es_ES.pdf
- Shortened link (Google drive): http://www.tinyurl.com/jurilingprog
- Twitter hashtag: JURILING16