McGraw Hill Financial, Inc., the parent company of, among others, Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, and S&P Dow Jones Indices, is seeking a Head of Translation Services for Platts, its benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence arm, to be located in London, UK.
Here is some information on the role:
“The Head of Translation Services leads and manages the translation unit of Platts. His/her main responsibility consists in making sure English-language content produced by Platts is transferred into other languages in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- The incumbent makes sure daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly publications are accurately translated into Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and German, and sent out in a timely manner. For this he/she manages and supervises the Spanish and Brazilian Lead Translators and their teams, and also works directly on translations and reviews into German, with responsibility for the allocation, management and delivery of translation jobs.
- The Head of Translation Services also makes sure all translation needs of the Marketing and other departments are covered, e.g. mailshots, web pages, brochures, conference material etc. For this he/she works with in-house translators as well as external language service providers (translation agencies, freelancers).
- The Head of Translation Services leads the recruitment of freelance and in-house translators and the selection of language service providers as and when required.
- The incumbent liaises with other Content Operations teams to streamline production processes; he/she keeps abreast of latest developments in the translation industry and with regards to CAT technology; he/she assesses the benefits of new technology, and works with procurement/IT services/IT development and external providers in order to implement it.
- The incumbent organizes and carries out quality control processes for translated content.
- The Head of Translation Services liaises with Editorial and other Platts departments to identify new opportunities for cooperation.
For full details of the post see the McGraw Hill Financial website here.