Today I thought I would share with you this e-Guide which describes the major statutes and regulations administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that affect businesses and workers.
The Guide is designed mainly for those needing information about wages, benefits, safety and health, and nondiscrimination policies.
Areas covered are:
- I. Wages and Hours Worked
- II. Safety and Health Standards
- III. Health Benefits, Retirement Standards, and Workers’ Compensation
- IV. Other Workplace Standards
- V. Work Authorization for non-U.S. citizens
- VI. Federal Contracts: Working Conditions
- VII. Federal Contracts: Equal Opportunity in Employment
There is also a short index of laws applying to the following industries in particular:
I liked the fact that the information is collected in one place, and is short, succinct and efficiently linked. 🙂