Sometimes WIRED publishes great stuff – as they did earlier this year with the article A Lawyer’s Amazingly Detailed Analysis of Bilbo’s Contract in The Hobbit.
Just as a taster, here are some of the areas covered:
- Bilbo’s Obligations to the Dwarves
- Thorin’s Right to Alter the Journey
- Waivers for Notoriety and ‘Unlooked-for’ Misfortune
- Payment (and Funeral Expenses) for the Burglar
but the icing on the cake for me…
- Mandatory Binding Arbitration in the Dwarvish Tongue
- Jurisdiction: The Shire vs. the Dwarven Kingdom?