It highlights “the most important aspects of European and international criminal law in order to provide the reader with a comprehensive, concise and solid introduction to the field”.
The book focuses on:
- Rules determining the exercise of jurisdiction
- ‘European Criminal Law’ dealing with the question if and how far the EU may create or harmonise criminal law
- Evolution of European Criminal Procedure Law
- Ne bis in idem-principle
- Guarantees under the European Convention of Human Rights
- Principles of International Criminal Law
- Procedures and substantive law of the International Criminal Court (ICC).