The European Central Bank (ECB) is seeking several experienced and suitably qualified English Translators to work in the English Translation and Editing Section within the Directorate General Communications (DG/C).
DG/C oversees and implements the ECB’s communications with the general public, the media, the financial markets and other audiences in the euro area and beyond in respect of its central banking and banking supervision functions as well as its internal communications.
Successful applicants will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- translating into English from German and, ideally, one or more other official EU languages a broad range of materials in the fields of banking supervision and monetary policy;
- revising editing and translation work produced externally and in house;
- editing and proof-reading of documents drafted in English;
- contributing to the drafting of public communication and website content for the general public;
- providing linguistic and drafting advice in English in support of the ECB’s communication policy;
- contributing to the ongoing compilation and maintenance of the ECB’s terminology database.
For full details, please see the European Central Bank website here. The closing date for applications is currently stated as Friday, 17 June 2016.