The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières is organizing the Second International Conference on Economic, Business, Financial and Institutional Translation (ICEBFIT), to be held from 17-18 August 2016.
Following the success of the first Conference held in 2014 at the University of Alicante in Spain, the Département des langues modernes et de traduction of Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières seeks to bring together translation practitioners, researchers, teachers as well as other parties engaged in economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation in order to discuss and debate the following issues:
- New research trends in the field of economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation
- The impact of plain language initiatives on specialized translation norms and terminology
- The study of specialized discourse, textual genres, and their relation to economics and business, the implementation of terminology, information resources and specialized phraseology
- New pedagogical approaches or tools in teaching economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation
- First-hand knowledge about business translation from professionals
- The dual role of translation and terminology in the evolution of business languages and of specialized knowledge in the definition of translation norms and terminology
- The ways in which regulatory compliance and frameworks impact translation, as well as the influence of cultural norms on specialized terminology and phraseology
- Insights into bridging the gap between the professional and academic worlds.
To find out more (in three languages – French, English, and Spanish – hat-tip to the conference organizers) see the website. You will need to hover in the menu bar over your language, and a drop-down menu will appear.