Two jobs today!
The National Bank of Canada is seeking a French-English translator in Montreal, Québec with the following main responsibilities:
- Translate a variety of texts and documents, for internal and external use, from management, other departments, branches and subsidiaries
- Do research and any other work necessary to the translation process, and communicate with the authors of texts if clarification is necessary
- Adapt translations to meet the needs of different audiences in different provinces
- Produce documents that meet the Bank’s needs while helping to convey the Bank’s objectives and image
- Act as a linguistic advisor for banking terminology in English.
Unposting Date: 2021-04-07 (hurry, hurry!)
Further details can be obtained from the National Bank’s website here.
* * *
The European Central Bank (ECB) is seeking an English translator to work in Frankfurt, Germany for the following role:
- Produce high-quality translations into English from at least two official EU languages of a broad range of materials in the fields of banking supervision and monetary policy;
- Contribute to the drafting/editing of public communication and website content, including social media posts, for the general public;
- Edit and proofread ECB materials in the fields of banking supervision and monetary policy which have been drafted in English by native and non-native speakers, correcting errors of grammar, consistency and style, and ensuring a high-quality finished product tailored to the target audience;
- Quality-check/revise editing and translation work produced both externally and in house;
- Contribute to developing clear writing initiatives, updating the ECB’s English Style Guide, and providing linguistic and drafting advice in English.
Deadline for applications: 20.04.2021
Disclaimer: The above are provided as a heads-up only. Please refer to the banks’ websites for all information.