The European Parliament has decided to organise an open competition for the Directorate-General for Translation. The competition notice covers 10 languages: Spanish, Danish, German, Estonian, Greek, Irish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, and Finnish.
Based in Luxembourg, intercultural and language professionals facilitate communication, in their mother tongue, between the European Parliament and the general public. Continue reading
Two jobs today!
The National Bank of Canada is seeking a French-English translator in Montreal, Québec with the following main responsibilities:
- Translate a variety of texts and documents, for internal and external use, from management, other departments, branches and subsidiaries
- Do research and any other work necessary to the translation process, and communicate with the authors of texts if clarification is necessary
- Adapt translations to meet the needs of different audiences in different provinces
- Produce documents that meet the Bank’s needs while helping to convey the Bank’s objectives and image
- Act as a linguistic advisor for banking terminology in English.
Unposting Date: 2021-04-07 (hurry, hurry!) Continue reading
The EU via the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) is looking for highly qualified Bulgarian, Czech, French, Irish, Hungarian and Polish language lawyer-linguists. Recruited officials (grade AD 7) will work mainly at the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission.
The European Central Bank (ECB) is recruiting German translators, and offering traineeships for English translator/editors.