I am pleased to pass on a call for papers relating to a special issue of FITISPos International Journal, guest edited by Dr Samantha Cayron, a research fellow and lecturer at the TRANSIUS Centre in Geneva. Her PhD research, highly relevant for practitioners, relates to the French-Spanish certified translation of notary public documents in the probate field.*
The Special Issue is entitled “Public Service Interpreting and Translation (PSIT) in the time of COVID-19: The impact of the pandemic on PSIT and its future developments“.
Contributions are invited on the themes below and others. For the full version of the call for papers in English, French and Spanish, click here.
- Effects of COVID-19 on PSIT in medical, social, educational, migratory, judicial and police settings.
- Effects of COVID-19 on sign language interpreting for public services.
- Changes in PSIT due to the constraints imposed by the pandemic.
- Health and well-being of public service translators and interpreters in the time of COVID-19.
- Government or institutional management of PSIT during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Legal and judicial policy developments related to PSIT during the pandemic.
- State of language access during the health crisis: translated materials and resources for immigrants.
- Technological solutions and equipment for providing remote PSIT during the pandemic.
- Improvements in PSIT quality during the pandemic.
- Training, standards and certification developments for PSIT professionals during the pandemic.
- Conducting research related to PSIT during the pandemic.
Prospective authors are invited to send their proposals in the form of abstracts of 250-350 words (excluding references) in MS Word format to the Guest Editor Samantha Cayron (samantha.cayron(at)unige.ch) by 1 June 2021.
* Attendees of the WordstoDeeds conferences will remember Samantha’s fascinating presentation. 😊