This workshop is designed to familiarize you with the Code of Ethics that court interpreters use to guide them in ethically fraught situations. Through discussions and exercises with the trainer and other participants, you will acquire the tools to successfully navigate situations where ethical considerations are at stake.
The 3-hour Ethics for Court Interpreters workshop includes:
- Philosophical introduction to ethics
- The interpreter’s role in court
- The Consortium Code of Ethics for interpreters
- Review of each specific rule
- Interactive discussions
- How rules vary state-to-state
- Review of specific contemporary ethical cases
- What’s the right course of action to take in real life situations?
ATA 3 CE Points
Continuing Education Units Pending for:
California and Florida Administrative Office of the Courts, NAJIT
Instructor: Anthony Rivas
For more details and to register, click here. Note the early bird discount if registered by September 27.
Credit: Thanks to NAJIT for the heads-up.