A symposium will be held on Saturday 7th November 2015 at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland, entitled “Interpreter-mediated Justice: Different Languages, Different Research Methodologies“.
Below is a taster of the programme:
- Overview of the Justisigns project & legal interpreting research
- Access to legal sign language interpreting across Europe
- Co-Minor/ Interpreting with children in investigative interviews
- Perceptions of access to police interpreting in the UK
- Transparent language constellations in interpreter-mediated police interviews
- Interpreter-mediated police interviews in a multimodal context
- AVIDICUS/ Video conferencing and interpreting in legal proceedings
- Deaf jurors access to jury deliberations through interpreters
- Panel: What methods and why
Further details, including how to register, can be found here.