There is one more week to register for the 12th International Forum on Challenges, New Roles and Ethics in Legal Translation and Interpreting, to be held in Lima, Peru from October 7 to 9, 2015.
Translators, interpreters, academics, researchers, and students are invited
to attend the Forum, organised by the International Federation of Translators
(FIT) Committee for Legal Translation and Interpretation
in cooperation with the Colegio de Traductores del Perú (CTP) ; and with the support of Universidad Femenina del Sagrado Corazón, Universidad Ricardo Palma, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, and Universidad César Vallejo.
- Translation and interpreting ethics, and translator and interpreter ethos
- Basic and further training and development of legal translators and court interpreters
- Legal Translation and interpreting
- Professional, academic, and legal status of translation and interpreting: practices, agents, settings
- Legal translation and interpreting in indigenous languages: asymmetries, legislation, and systems of knowledge
- Legal neologisms and terminology
- Environmental law and translation
- CAT Tools and their use in specialized translation and interpreting
- New topics on legal translation and interpreting and future prospects
Further information is available from the conference website.