The Translation and Interpreting Group, School of Humanities & Languages, at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia is organising its Legal Interpreting Symposium on 9 December 2021 and the event is to be held online via Zoom.
The programme includes:
- ‘How do Judicial Officers work in interpreted proceedings?’
- ‘Interpreting in civil and criminal case judgements and decisions: Findings from a national dataset of courts and tribunals’
- Interview with Judge Tracy Fantin, District Court of Queensland: ‘How has the RNS informed your approach to working with interpreters?’
- ‘Briefing & background information for court interpreters – The difference it makes’
- ‘What does experimental research tell us about the current issues?’