The Białystok Legal English Centre (BLEC) is holding its sixth international conference: Language and Law – Traditions, Trends and Perspectives, to take place at the Faculty of Law, University of Białystok, Poland from 1 to 2 June 2023.
The Conference aspires to provide a forum for sharing both theoretical and empirical findings, as well as pedagogical practices on the broad topic of Legal English. It is hoped that the contributions will cover issues concerning research traditions, current trends and perspectives in the subject area.
Keynote speakers: Calogero Ferrara, Giuliana Garzone, and Lisa McGrath.
- Legal languages and legal discourse
- Teaching and learning Legal English
- Legal translation and court interpreting
- Teaching law in English
- Other issues in English for Specific Purposes
- Submission of abstracts: no later than 28 February 2023
- Notification of acceptance: by 12 March 2023
- Registration: by 26 March 2023
For more information click here.